Minnesota Disc Dog Club Forums

A place to discuss everything disc dog
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 am 
MNDDC Member

Hey guys! We're changing up the Club Cup scoring just a bit this year, see below for details!

The MN cup series is a group of competitions sanctioned by the MN Disc Dog Club. Points are awarded for placement in both freestyle and Toss & Catch in each competition. A team's combined total of points earned for Freestyle and Toss & Catch will be the team's score for that competition.

Points are awarded to "teams," that is, a combination of a single dog and handler. Thus, a handler who competes with multiple dogs will have separate scores for each team and each team will be ranked separately in the standings.

Club Cup will be awarded at the Year End Bash.

All Minnesota Cup events will have 2 rounds of freestyle and 2 rounds of D/A or Toss and Catch (*note, see one exception below). The second round of Freestyle and T&C may be cut to the top ten teams. Only teams in the Open/Pro Division are eligible for MN Cup points.

Multiple organizations and formats can be used for MN Cup events.
The scoring rules are evaluated each year and once in place will not be changed for that year.

TIEBREAKERS:
1. Cup points total from a single event.
2. Highest FS Cup Points total (add up the FS points from all 3 scored events).

Other Notes:

In order to be in the running for the cup this year, you must judge at least one day of Open/Pro Freestyle at one of the Cup Events this season. Because of this new rule, we will be adding another Judge's Training to the calendar to give more opportunity to those that can't make it this upcoming weekend.

Your top 3 events will count towards your Club Cup total.

Our Skyhoundz Distance event will be included in the Cup scoring. However, only your best two scores from that day will count towards your Cup score. For example, if Amanda takes 1st, 3rd, 6th and 2nd in the four divisions, only the 1st and 2nd placement will count (earning her 19 points towards the cup). This means there is the potential to earn a LOT of points at this event, so practice your throwing!!!!

We will have six events total for the Cup this year (listed below).

1. June Dog Jam Day 1 - USDDN
2. June Dog Jam Day 2 - Skyhoundz Distance - see note above on scoring.
3. Raspberry Fest - UFO
4. Star Jam - MNDDC Format
5. State Champs Day 1 -UFO
6. State Champs Day 2 - FDDO

Scoring and points for your placements are listed below:

10pts, 1st place

9pts, 2nd

8pts, 3rd

7pts, 4th

6pts 5th

5pts 6th

4pts 7th

3pts 8th

2pts 9th

1pt, 10th

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!
ImageImage

Last edited by Dex on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am 
MNDDC Member

To clarify, all the T&C competitions in the Open or Pro Division will have two rounds with no cuts. So if I pay for T&C for my dog, I am actually paying for two rounds in the club competitions listed except for Skyhoundz Distance . In the past years, I didn't realize that my T&C payment was only for one round and the second round had to be earned. So I want to make sure I understand this time.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 am 
MNDDC Member

2speckledblue wrote:
To clarify, all the T&C competitions in the Open or Pro Division will have two rounds with no cuts. So if I pay for T&C for my dog, I am actually paying for two rounds in the club competitions listed except for Skyhoundz Distance . In the past years, I didn't realize that my T&C payment was only for one round and the second round had to be earned. So I want to make sure I understand this time.

Thanks.

Josie good catch, there might be cuts to the top 10 for T&C depending on the comp and time allowed. USDDN at JDJ will for sure have cuts to top 10 because of the time/how much needs to be completed during that one day.

I copied and pasted the paragraph in my original post without fully reading it. Sorry for the confusion!

Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 am 
MNDDC Member

Oh that's too bad. It's not worth driving so far for only one round of T&C. So I guess I won't be competing again this year. Bummer for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:09 am 
MNDDC Member

Josie, I think the goal is to have as many people play as many rounds as possible but there are definitely times when to avoid an all day marathon, the decision is made to make a cut.

Ozzie, the wild child
Murray (Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Your dog doesn't care if you win, only that you played with them."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:30 pm 
MNDDC Member

Okay, I surrender. LOL. Gone are the days when I first started the sport in 2008 and looked forward to the Skyhoundz comps with two rounds of T&C and one round of FS. Nobody ever got cut and the comps weren't marathons either. There's no place for me in the disc dog world now since I'm not overly interested in doing FS. So I'll let the younger generation go for it. I just have to get off my butt and start something here in St Cloud instead. Meanwhile I'll keep hoping for a fun comp my dogs and I can participate in for old times sake.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41 pm 
MNDDC Member

We have seen a great growth in the sport over the past few years and that means longer competitions. With field set-up and scoring for FS, it does take a bit longer than it used to. But I guess that's a good problem to have! Lots more people discovering the great sport and getting out there and playing with their dogs. Don't give up if you truly enjoy it! And hey, maybe there is a demand for it up there! We have nobody in the upper region of the state! =-!!! =-!!!

Ozzie, the wild child
Murray (Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

"Your dog doesn't care if you win, only that you played with them."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:06 pm 

Josie, you could always set up a fun match :)

~Chief Dan George~