Minnesota Disc Dog Club Forums

A place to discuss everything disc dog
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:37 pm 
In the know

Hello, sorry this is a couple days late but nominations are now closed.

Vicki Bjore has neem nominated for Secretary.

Camie Pedersen has been nominated for Board Member at Large.

Sean Silvernail has been nominated for Board Member at Large.

Nominees, please post a bio just covering who you are, how long you've been playing disc, and what you bring to the table for the club and our members.

Bios will be posted until 11/10. Board elections will be made on 11/11 and announced to the club.

Thanks to everyone for nominating themselves and I look forward to next season!

President, MNDDC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:59 pm 
MNDDC Member

No president? ?? Amanda was on her last year. Is this not something that should be voted on by members?????

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:26 pm 
In the know

Hey Jamie,
Upon Amanda's resignation, the board elected me to complete Amanda's term (ending in 2017).

Per the bylaws, Article VI, Section 7, "Any officer or Board position vacated may be filled at a meeting of the Board of Directors.The person filling the vacated position will hold that position for the remainder of the current term."

Hope this helps.

President, MNDDC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm 
MNDDC Member

Correct.. her term was up this year. Not that I would not vote for you..because I would.. just thought that her term was up.. thanks for the info all ready read it tho :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:15 pm 
MNDDC Member

Jamie, Amanda's term would have ended on 12/31/17, so Kyle has a year left.

Ozzie, the wild child
Murray, retired

"Your dog doesn't care if you win, only that you played with them."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:06 pm 
MNDDC Member

Yes got that with Kyle's last post. .. my mistake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 pm 
MNDDC Member

No problem! I was a little unsure myself but looked back at the Board terms. :)

Ozzie, the wild child
Murray, retired

"Your dog doesn't care if you win, only that you played with them."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 pm 
Has a dog and a disc

Sorry my bio is a bit late getting up, but here it is!

My name is Vicki (with Enzo the baby deer terrier and Dex the pink tailed BC) and though I have only been with the club since this past spring, I feel like it's been much longer due to how awesome and welcoming this community is! I picked up a disc at the urging of a friend in a desperate attempt to build a better relationship with my border collie. Long story short, it has been the best decision ever and I'm so happy to have gotten involved in this amazing sport. I am not new to dog sports, as I also train for agility, rally, obedience, nose work and herding and have been involved with dogs for many years at this point.

I am nominating myself for the secretary position. I feel that I would be a great fit for this position because I am detail oriented and have strong organizational skills. On a daily basis in that job-that-I-have-to-do-to pay-for-all-my-dog-stuff, I work with dental providers at an insurance company. My entire work week revolves around taking very detailed call notes and reading over communication received from providers with a fine tooth comb to make sure it meets legal/audit requirements. This type of work is most definitely something that has left me well prepared for a secretary position - meeting minutes will never be lacking detail!

While I can't say that I have ever held a board position in this type of format before, I have been involved in various committees and held leadership positions on these committees that could be considered similar overall to a board position. In my last job, I was the chair (leader) of an annual fundraiser for 3 years in a row. Over the course of those 3 years, I grew our fundraising total from
$90,000 the first year to over $105,000 the last year that I was there. My role involved tons of networking (internal and external), idea generating and organizing. Overall, I feel my experiences from this would be of benefit to the club as I am both comfortable and competent at building bigger and better events and can help grow our club.

Thanks for reading...I know I can be a bit wordy, but hopefully you learned something about me and I am grateful for the opportunity to run for this position!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:32 pm 
MNDDC Member

I've been involved in the sport and club since 2009 and have been on the board for a large portion of those years. I have done a variety of tasks for the club in the past. My wife, Jodi, and I have hosted many events at our Claremont farm. We hope to continue our involvement in 2017-2018 helping out where we can.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:46 pm 
MNDDC Member

Camie Pederson's Bio

I have been involved in the MNDDC for a few years now and was on the board for one year.While on the MNDDC board and as a member in general I have learned a lot about the sport. I have learned how to be a judge, help with announcing and music, set up and tear down, and organizing and participating in demos.

I have lots of experience in groups like this. I was the treasurer for my flyball club for about 15 years. I also belong to a non-profit group called Wakota CAER where I am the treasurer and have been a member since 1999. Wakota CAER is a community awareness and emergency response group located in Dakota and Washington Counties.

I started playing disc about 20 years ago with my first border collie. And was so excited a few years ago when I learned about MNDDC. As for puppy dogs, I currently have two border collies (Solo and Jedi) that live for disc and flyball. Although we didn't get to compete this year due to the acquisition of a house with a large fenced in yard, being out of town or cancelation due to rain, next year we plan of changing that. I also may be bringing another puppy into the Pederson Star Wars Universe.

I look forward to getting back into disc in 2017 and would be happy to be part of the board for this great group.

"If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind..." - Sister Hazel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:34 pm 
In the know

Thank you everyone for sharing your story and expressing your interest in the sport and club. At this time, since there is no need for voting, we will allow a 2 week waiting period and officially announce the new board members to the membership on 11/24.

President, MNDDC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:28 pm 
In the know

I'm happy to announce and welcome the new members of the MNDDC Board!

Vicki Bjore as Secretary

Camie Pederson as Board Member at Large

Sean Silvernail as Board Member at Large

President, MNDDC